- Jewish Volunteers, the International Brigades and the Spanish Civil War was published by Bloomsbury Academic in April 2017.
- The diaries of Anne Frank. Research—Translations—Critical Edition: this major international collaborative project involves a new scholarly edition of the diaries as well as an accompanying multi-author research monograph which will focus on contextualisation, reception and representations of the diaries. As a co-editor I am responsible for the annotations of the new edition as well as involved in planning the monograph for which I will contribute a chapter on:
- Help, betrayal and the importance of networks – Jews in hiding in the Netherlands and the case of Anne Frank: This project seeks to put the experiences of the onderduikers in the Secret Annex in the broader context of the story of Jews in hiding in the Netherlands during WWII. Particular attention is paid to the networks in which they were embedded and how these enabled (self-)help yet simultaneously created danger.
- Wartime Yiddish diaries and their postwar trajectories: the aim of this research project is to explore wartime Yiddish diaries and their postwar trajectories, thus contrasting the case of the Anne Frank diaries with diary writing by Jews in Eastern Europe.
- Yiddish Sources: Yiddish Sources is a website for anyone who is interested in Yiddish and Yiddish Studies, which I have edited since 2005.
- European History Primary Sources: EHPS is an index of digital archives and libraries/ born-digital sources on the history of Europe hosted by the European University Institute in Florence, Italy. I built two version of EHPS since 2008 and was involved as editor until mid-2014. I am still the technical maintainer.
- Historici.nl (2011-2013): I was the original developer of the community version of this website for professional historians working on Dutch history, which was officially launched in January 2014 by the Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands. Please note that the original Drupal version I developed no longer exists and has been replaced by a Wordpress version in 2017.