- 18-21 March 2020, 'Mapping wartime Jewish diaries and their postwar trajectories', European Social Science History Conference 2020 (Leiden University).
- 8 April 2020, 'The Digital Archive and the Politics of Digitisation', Edinburgh Centre for Data, Culture & Society (University of Edinburgh).
- 18-22 August 2020, 'Exploring the Jewish Past Online', 6th World Conference of the International Federation for Public History (Freie Universität Berlin).
- 12-13 February 2020, 'The Digital Archive and the Politics of Digitisation', Digital Past 2020: New technologies in heritage, interpretation and outreach (Aberystwyth Arts Centre).
- 5 February 2020, Moderator roundtable 'Combating anti-Semitism in contemporary Europe' at Forum Zeitgeschichte - Holocaust History and Memory (C²DH, Luxembourg).
- 12 September 2019, 'Digital History and the Politics of Digitization', DH Benelux 2019 (10-12 September, University of Liège).
- 10 July 2019, 'Digital History and the Politics of Digitization', Digital Humanities 2019 (9-12 July, Utrecht University).
- 27 June 2019, Round table 'Coding Europe: decoding its history', 9th Tensions of Europe conference. Decoding Europe: Technological Pasts in the Digital Age (University of Luxembourg, 27-30 June 2019).
- 9 May 2019, 'Doing History in the Digital Age - On Hybridity, Hermeneutics and the Politics of Digitisation', (Centre for Digital Humanities, University of Groningen).
- 19 February 2019, 'Der hybride Historiker. Geschichtsforschung im digitalen Zeitalter', Tagung digitale_kultur. Weltverhältnisse im Wandel (Institut für Geschichte und Biographie FernUniversität in Hagen).
- 26 October 2018, [with John Randolph, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign] workshop 'Strategies for Using Digital Sources in the Classroom', conference and workshop Digital Hermeneutics in History: Theory and Practice (University of Luxembourg, 25-26 October 2018).
- 28 August 2018, 'Digital picture archives in historical research and the visual history of education' (with Lars Wieneke), ISCHE 40 Pre-Conference Workshop Picture Archives and the Emergence of Visual History of Education (Bibliothek für Bildungsgeschichtliche Forschung, Berlin).
- 15-19 July 2018, Roundtable 'Humanities in the mirror: writing Jewish history in a digital key', XIth Congress of the European Association for Jewish Studies (Krakow, Institute of Jewish Studies, Jagiellonian University).
- 5 April 2018, 'Jewish Volunteers in the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War', Twelfth European Social Science History conference (Belfast, 4-6 April 2018).
- 'Hybrid approaches to historical research: analysing the Anne Frank diaries with digital tools', dhnord2017 - (De)constructing Digital History (Lille, 27-29 November 2017).
- closing remarks 'Engaging New Generations. The Holocaust and Knowledge Dissemination in the Digital Age', European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (EHRI) workshop (NIOD, 9 November 2017).
- 'Hybrid approaches to historical research', The Ends of the Humanities, University of Luxembourg, 10-13 September 2017.
- [invited] opening remarks 'Jewish Studies and Digital Humanities, workshop From Tablet to Tablet on Jewish Studies and Digital Humanities, Institute for the History of the German Jews, Hamburg, 4-6 September.
- 'Hybrid approaches to historical research: analysing the Anne Frank diaries with digital tools', Digital Humanities Benelux Conference, University of Utrecht, 3-5 July 2017
- 'East-Central European Jewish heritage online', session Presenting “difficult” history - Jewish heritage in East-Central Europe, 4th Annual Conference of the International Federation for Public History, Ravenna, Italy., 5-9 June 2017.
- 'Help, betrayal and the importance of networks – Jews in hiding in the Netherlands and the case of Anne Frank', 10th Contact Day Jewish Studies on the Low Countries, University of Antwerp, 16 May 2017.
- 'The diaries of Anne Frank - digital approaches', lecture Forschungscolloquium Prof.dr. Gerhard Lauer/ CAPS (Computer-based Analysis of Personal Style) Project, Department of German Studies, University of Göttingen, 23 January 2017.
- [invited] Keynote lecture 'From "Chosen Fighters of the Jewish People" to Jewish Resistance Fighters: Jewish Volunteers, the International Brigades and the Spanish Civil War', conference Jews and the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939), Institute of History, Warsaw University, 17 November 2016.
- 'Help, betrayal and the importance of networks – Jews in hiding in the Netherlands and the case of Anne Frank', Final Workshop Reappraising the Anne Frank Diaries: Contexts and Receptions, Basel, 8-10 September 2016.
- 'Jewish responses to anti-Semitism in Paris and London in the late 1930s as European Jewish political history', Conference Right-Wing Politics and the Rise of Antisemitism in Europe 1935-1941, Center for Holocaust Studies, Institut für Zeitgeschichte Munich, 18-20 February 2016.
- Winter semester 2015-2016, BA seminar Jewish responses to persecution and anti-Semitism in the 20th century, Seminar für Neuere und Neueste Geschichte, Georg-August Universität Göttingen.
- 16 April 2015, 'Wartime Yiddish Diaries and their postwar trajectories', Workshop Reappraising the Anne Frank Diaries: Contexts and Receptions, European University Institute, Florence, 15-16 April 2015.
- 13 February 2015, participation in EUI HEC Alumni Public History and Job Market Roundtable, Public History and the Media Workshop, Department of History and Civilization, European University Institute, Florence, 11-13 February 2015.
- 4 February 2015, 'Analysing and annotating the Anne Frank Diaries', Fellow Kolloquium Lichtenberg Kolleg, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
- [invited] 'Search and Data Mining', day long skills seminar Master of European History, University of Luxembourg (11 December 2014).
- Presentation of the projects The diaries of Anne Frank. Research—Translations—Critical Edition/ Wartime Yiddish Diaries, 7th Contact Day Jewish Studies on the Low Countries (Institute of Jewish Studies, University of Antwerp, 26 May 2014).
- Introductory workshop 'Digital Tools for Historical Research' (with Ilja Nieuwland), THATCamp The Hague 2014 (The Hague, 14-15 January 2014).
- [invited] 'In search of the Jewish freedom fighter: Polish-Jewish volunteers in the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War and its aftermath', Colloquium of East (-Central) European History, Forschungsstelle Osteuropa an der Universität Bremen (3 December 2013).
- [invited] Introductory lecture on the history of digital humanities/ history, workshop Digitale Geschiedenis, toekomst voor de Bedrijfsgeschiedenis?, Stichting Bedrijfsgeschiedenis (Universiteitsmuseum Utrecht, 21 November 2013).
- 'Jewish volunteers in the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War', Symposium in honor of Rena Fuks-Mansfeld (Amsterdam, 7 June 2013).
- 'Digital tools to complex archival sources: Introduction', Researchmaster Posthumus Institute Leiden: Keys to the Treasure Trove: Sources and Methods for Social and Economic Historians, 17 May 2013.
- [invited] Presentation of the Yiddish Sources portal for the 15th conference of the International Association of Yiddish Clubs (Pittsburgh), 26 April 2013.
- [invited] 'Historical sources and data in the digital age', University of Utrecht Digital Humanities Bootcamp, 14 March 2013.
- several lectures on digital history/humanities as part of a course on digital historical research (Huygens ING and NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, February-June 2013).
- Introductory lecture 'Digital History', Digital History Workshop (Huygens ING, 7 January 2013).
- 'Building an online community for historians in The Netherlands', Working group Public History Online: Using the Web to Collaborate and Share, National Council on Public History Annual Meeting (Milwaukee, 18-22 April 2012).
- [invited] 'Digital sources and historical research: European Jewish history as an example', Utrechts Cultuurhistorisch Seminar (Utrecht University, 12 December 2012).
- 'Digital tools to complex archival sources: Introduction', Researchmaster Posthumus Institute Leiden - Keys to the Treasure trove (Huygens ING, 2 December 2011).
- ‘The ‘Jewish freedom fighter’: Constructing a Transnational Cult of Jewish Heroes during the Spanish Civil War’, Cult of Heroes in Central Europe from the 1880s to the Second World War – Transnational and Transdisciplinary Aspects (University of Paris-Sorbonne – Paris, 25-26 November 2011).
- [invited] ‘Internet resources for historical research: Jewish content in a broader context', Judaica Europeana Digital Humanities Workshop (British Library, 31 October 2011).
- ‘Yiddish in contemporary Europe’, Jewishness in Contemporary Culture: American and European Perspectives (Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities, 17-18 May, 2011).
- ‘Finding and filtering digital primary sources’ (workshop), THATCamp Florence 2011 (European University Institute, Florence, 23-25 March 2011).
- ‘Naftali Botwin - a Jewish communist hero in interwar Poland’, Cult of Heroes in Central Europe 1880-1939 - Practices and representations (Central European University, Budapest, 12-13 November 2010).
- ‘Jewish migrants and anti-Semitism in Paris and London before WWII’, IX Congress of the European Association for Jewish Studies (Ravenna, Italy - 25-29 July 2010).
- ‘Organising knowledge and resources online’ (workshop), THATCamp London 2010 (King’s College London, 6-7 July 2010).
- ‘The politics of digitisation? Exploring online digital sources in Jewish history’, Exploring the archive in the digital age (King’s College London, 6-8 May 2010).
- ‘Transnational dimensions of Jewish political practices in Western Europe before WWII’, 8th European Social Science History Conference (Ghent, Belgium, 13-16 April 2010).
- ‘Jewish Immigrants and Politics in Paris and London in the Interbellum’, Graduate Seminar Department of Hebrew and Jewish Studies (University College London, 27 January 2010).
- ‘The Yiddish press as a source in historical research’, Association for Jewish Studies 41st Annual Conference (Los Angeles, December 20-22, 2009).
- [invited] Introduction to a screening of Eran Torbiner’s 'Madrid Before Hanita, Palestinian-Jewish volunteers in the International Brigades in Spain', Seminar Film Series on Jewish Resistance (Sussex University, 23 November 2009).
- ‘The place of Berlin in the transnational networks of Jewish migrant radicals’, Transforming Berlin’s Urban Space. East European Jewish Migrants in Charlottengrad and the Scheunenviertel, 1918-1939 (Berlin, Jüdisches Museum, October 17th-19th 2009).
- ‘Contemporary European Jewish history on the internet’, Contemporary history in the digital age (Luxemburg - 15/16 October 2009).
- ‘Migration and the transformation of Jewish political behaviour - East European Jewish communists in Western Europe in the interbellum’, GRACEH 2009: “Migration and Movement in European History” (European University Institute, Florence, 28-30 April 2009).
- [invited] ‘Heroes for whose cause? Jewish volunteers and the Spanish Civil War in the Parisian Yiddish Press 1936-1939’, Research Seminar L’Histoire Comparée et les Migrations Contemporaines (École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, 28 April 2009).
- [invited] ‘Jews in the communist movement: Understanding a controversial encounter’, Modern History Seminar (University of Edinburgh, 11 March 2009)
- ‘Jewish Participation in the Spanish Civil War', Yiddish Graduate Seminar (University College London, 11 February 2009).
- [invited] ‘Between propaganda and emancipation: Jewish volunteers in the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War’, UCLA-Utrecht Symposium on Jewish Politics and Political Behavior (Utrecht University, 1 December 2008).